What is Quality Daily Physical Education (QDPE)?
QDPE is a well-planned school program of compulsory physical education provided for a minimum of 30 minutes each day to all students (kindergarten to grade 12) throughout the school year. A QDPE program includes:
- Daily curricular instruction for all students (K-12) for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Well planned lessons incorporating a wide range of activities.
- A high level of participation by all students in each class.
- An emphasis on fun, enjoyment, success, fair play, self-fulfillment and personal health.
- Appropriate activities for the age and stage of each student.
- Activities which enhance cardiovascular systems, muscular strength, endurance and flexibility.
- A participation based intramural program.
- Qualified, enthusiastic teachers.
- Creative and safe use of facilities and equipment.
QDPE Applications must be received no later
than the third Friday of December annually.